Monday, April 28, 2014

Crest toothpaste embeds plastic in your gums

Allow me to step on my soapbox for this post.

I visited my favorite dentist today and while cleaning my gums, my hygienist asked me what kind of toothpaste I used. I happily replied the au naturel, fluoride FREE doTERRA toothpaste. She said that was one of the best out there and then continued to tell me about the article on Crest toothpaste that just came out. The just of the media outbreak is below:

Crest toothpaste embeds plastic in our gums

Unfortunately, upon returning home, I did find one of the tubes listed with plastic, in our bathroom being used by my better half. However, in order for him to continue to be my better half, I was happy to give it to the trash man, in the trash. I realize that we all have our own journeys to travel in life. It is because of my husband's health issues, that I've absorbed a ton of information on healthier living. We've made a lot of changes; I've decided to alter more drastically. I just feel better. Knowledge has empowered me to make better choices, for me and my family. Fluoride FREE toothpaste is something I'm still trying to convince my husband on but for now, Crest is no longer welcome in our home. After all, I was one again cavity free.

What's in your toothpaste?

No comments: